Friday, February 27, 2009

Artist Trading Cards

I am really enjoying making ATCs.  I like them because they go fairly quick, it is a great way to showcase your work, and you get someone elses back to keep.  That is why they are called Artist Trading Cards.  They are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2, the size of a baseball card.

These are the ones I have done so far...

There was an empty spot in Marilyn's 4 seasons swap, so I asked if I could fill it.  She said yes, so this is the winter one I made.
This is the spring one, the last in the series.  I thought it would be cool to have a manly atc in the swap.  There are a total of 16 swappers, so I will get 15 different ones back!
I signed up for a partner's name swap, where we get paired up with one other person, and make an atc for each letter of thier first name.  I got tigardlilly, and made hers below.  I did it all by myself, all Marilyn did was suggest Laura's favorite Bazzill colors, and give me a few ideas on how to use the ribbon I picked out.  I decided to make one for Marilyn's collection, using the first letter of her nickname.


Thanks for looking.  I am going to be making more atcs, so be on the lookout for another post soon.

No comments: